Tuesday, August 4, 2009

First blog... Awesome?

Well... this is my first proper blog. I used to create blogs on Myspace and do movie reviews. I reviewed only a few, but they weren't meant to be taken seriously.

Now...where to start...


Yea, I guess I'm like every other 18 year old male. I work, I go out, I play games, I drive a car that cost me an arm and a leg... Japanese cars are expensive. Pity they have such a bad name. My real passion however lies with my love of movies and gaming. I have had quite an extensive history of gaming. It goes WAYY back...


The year was 1995, i was only 4, and I was introduced to my first PC. Well, it wasn't mine; it was my dad's. Underneath it's boxy and ancient exterior lied sheer magic and brilliance. I'm sure everyone is familiar with the videogame, Doom. Graduating from Wolfenstein 3D a few weeks before discovering Doom, it was a massive leap in terms of game play and realism. But to me, it wasn't a videogame. It was like something I had never ever experienced before. It was like the 'cool older brother' you told everyone about. You would invite people over to show it off. It made your parents sick to play it, and you feel proud that you can handle such glorious gore. You would wake up early in the morning just to sneak a few kills in before preschool.


Yea, before preschool.


Anyway this is suppose to be a blog about me, and not a massive homage to Doom. In a nutshell, PC gaming is more than a hobby to me. It's a way of life. I endeavor to share more of my experiences in further blogs.

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment