Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Nostalgia and New 'Comm - Lecture Overviews Part 3

With the absence of any lectures in the third week, not much can be said apart from losing money at the Ekka races. Back on topic, the fourth week (19th August) consisted of ways of communicating with people onscreen with aid of the numerous techniques detailed in the lecture. Quite honestly, I was a little lost. It almost felt like I was in a film class. If nothing else, it was indeed informative. I suppose I can relate this to many of the videos I see on 'Youtube' coupled with amateur camera work and terrible editing. It was a great incentive to apply these notes if I plan for any future home-movies.

The lecture detailed aspects of 'screen language' such as head room, body positioning and height. The lecturer discussed the pro's and con's of certain pictures and outlined where one could improve upon that image. To be honest, I had to leave mid-lecture to go to work and cater a wedding. I could write an ENTIRE blog about that, however that wouldn't make much sense to the topic, would it? =P

Lets just say that Greek weddings... are a lot of work...

No comments:

Post a Comment